Wednesday 27 January 2010

Architecture Centre, Castle Park Exhibition


The Architecture Centre in Bristol at the moment is displaying a project by post-graduate students from UWE (University of the West of England). The exhibition explains about a proposal for joint Urban and Landscape strategies for Castle Park in the centre of Bristol. The exhibition was very exciting as it talks about a theoretical plan for regenerating one of the largest and most historical green spaces in Bristol’s centre. It explains how the park has been almost walled of and enclosed by all the new development of shopping centres luxury apartments and road networks. The proposed plan was to create better pedestrian accesses, demolish or refurbish existing buildings, give back the parks historical sense and to create new social activities and events so the space could become better used. I found this exhibition in lightening as I know Castle Park fairly well as I usually walk past it on my way to the shopping centre and I have never given the park much thought as it has always been there, looking the same. So I found the exhibition very interesting and I now have different views on the park than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment