Saturday 15 May 2010

Ten Years of the Tate Modern




Unfortunately I was really disappointed with the ten year anniversary of the Tate Modern and of the events that went with it in the Tate’s turbine hall. The turbine hall was filled with a huge number of people but I have to be honest I had no idea what was going on, whether the people were artists or whether they were trying to sell me something. A lot of the modern art at the Tate really isn’t my type of thing but I really wanted to try to get into the whole vibe at the exhibition when I went but I found myself wanting to leave. I also found myself feeling very confused whilst walking around the various exhibits that seemed to link into one another’s wondering what was happening and how I should be feeling about the (art). The event felt like a mess but a bit of a beautiful mess I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment