Saturday 13 March 2010

Finsbury Avenue Park Bench (Detail Project)







This is a 1:10 scale model of a Finsbury Avenue square bench in Central London, designed by Townshend, lighting by Maurice Brill. Joe Sanders and I made this model for a short project entitled Detail. The aim of the project was to find a small detail in a public place of interest and if you have read my blog before you would have seen that Finsbury Avenue square is a place that I really think is amazing. We decided to do the bench as we were really interested with the detail of the glass blocks cutting through the wooden bench and how the light works. I am really pleased with how the model came out as this is the most detail I have put into making a model and it just made understanding the design of the bench so much easier and using the lighting brought the bench to life. Using models are amazing to help understand design intentions and I highly recommend it.

Joe’s Blog http://joe-landscapeissanders.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. i wonder if you can get 1:10 scale people, we should have got some for the bench. maybe action man?

    ReplyDelete