Thursday 4 March 2010

Slow Shutter Technique



So I thought I would mention how to use slow shutter speeds to create images using just a small torch, different coloured plastics to change the light, a camera with shutter speed functions and tri-pod to keep the camera steady. Using my camera an E510 Olympus SLR which is a good camera but is a few years old now I managed to create these images. Using the manual function on the camera I used a 30 second shutter speed (the camera can go up to 1 minute). I then took the image with a slight delay so could get into position and then drew using the torch. It’s that simple and there really isn’t much more to say, but I felt like sharing these images that I created using a map I then highlighted the areas of interest with a torch and using different coloured plastics created this cool glowing neon effect. I plan to layer a few images I have taken showing different areas in photo shop and I will try to upload the finished map later on so you can see how the effects can really help in producing a more detailed map.

No comments:

Post a Comment